*** Recipes Tutorials ***
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice*
- 1 cup salsa
- 1.5-2 cups precooked shredded chicken**
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 Tbsp chili powder***
- 1¾ cups chicken broth****
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the rice, salsa, chicken, black beans (drained), chili powder, and chicken broth. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Place a tight fitting lid on the skillet, turn the heat on to high, and let the skillet come to a full boil. As soon as the skillet comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure it is simmering the entire time, turning the heat up slightly if needed (you should be able to hear it simmer quietly).
- After 30 minutes, turn off the heat, remove the lid, and fluff the mixture with a fork. All of the liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be tender. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over top, replace the lid, and let it sit for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, slice the green onions. Sprinkle the green onions over the melted cheese and serve hot.